Eric on 12 Nov 2007 14:25:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] remote-ish mail - clarified

Jeff:

If you have Thunderbird running on machine #1 then just set it up to POP the
email from the accounts.  When you start it remotely via SSH then it will get
the mail.  If you have to resort to Mutt and Thunderbird is not running to POP
the mail then you'd have to rely on fetchmail to do the job.

Eric

jeff wrote:
> To make the subject clear, this is what I'd like to do:
>
> Machine #1 --> Thunderbird POPs for mail
> Machines 2-5 --> ssh -Y to Machine #1 and use Thunderbird, but will
> settle for mutt
>

> This looks to be what I *need* to do
>
> Machine #1 --> fetchmail or equivalent POPs for mail, set up server,
> read w/Thunderbird
> Machines 2-5 --> ssh to Machine #1 and use mutt *or* POP/IMAP to server
>

> Do I have that right now?
>

> Thanks for the great ideas and advice.
> -jeff

#  Eric Lucas