Cliff Pankonien on 4 Dec 2007 23:54:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] hardware - a deal I couldn't refuse

ah, you've seen my wife's desktop!

jeff wrote:
Mike Leone wrote:
Wanna hear about the frightening number of users in my old company who
think that MS's Clippie (in his guise of small animated dog or cat) is
just "so cute", and would NOT let me turn that option off?

Am I cynical because I just tell them I can turn it off if they want me to?

[no, I'm cynical because it's what I do.]

Lotsa folks like the bling ... resource use be damned ... same reason
people like pretty wallpaper.

or so many icons on the desktop you can't see anything else.