Art Alexion on 6 Dec 2007 17:55:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Eating Crow with OOO

On Thursday 06 December 2007 12:35:47 Art Alexion wrote:
> Thanks, Aaron.  I didn't think the copy and paste method would work because
> I incorrectly assumed that it would put all the data into the top left cell
> without asking. I found a command for the external file method, too.  Damn,
> it took a long time for the dialog to come up and then for it to commit the
> import after I hit the accept button.

OK, now I know why this took so long on a reasonably fast computer.  The log
file had more than 65,550 lines, the maximum rows per Calc file.

Can anyone suggest a logview program that lets me set up custom parsing of
fixed length logs?