Brian Vagnoni on 10 Dec 2007 02:44:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] More SCSI Weirdness

Check cables, is this SCSI 320? If cables are good run  SCSI drive manufacturer diagnostics on each drive. Check for proper cooling of all SCSI components. Drives over 7200 rpm's get very very hot and need proper cooling. I have 8 U320 10k rpm drives in the computer I call the redqueen; it doubles as a space heater in the winter. Check to make sure your power supply is up to the task. Also, check drive jumper settings. Turn off auto scsi ID I forget what they call it. Manually assigned all drive id's. Make sure all drives have a different ID. If controller has cache check to make sure the memory isn't bad on the card. Update the bios on the controller and drives to the most recent where available. Update drivers in the OS to the most recent where available.

That will be $200 :). Send all payments to the Hacker Fountain in my name :).

Brian vagnoni

Sounds like cables to me