Stephen Gran on 13 Dec 2007 00:49:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Solution to unpleasant posting - now what?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:10:52PM -0500, jeff said:
> My rather large question was (and is) what do we do now?
>
> We can agree to put OT in the subject.
> We can agree to post precious little OT matter.
> We can agree to something different.
>
> or
>
> We can continue to `discuss' this several times a year.

Agreed.  My general feeling on the matter is that too much OT content
drives good people who are here because of the high signal/noise ratio
away, and we should all try to minimize it.  That being said, we're all
human, and we all need to blow off some steam from time to time.  I'm
not inclined to yell at people for an OT post every now and again.  I
also can't quite quantify my personal threshhold, but it is apparently
lower than the amount of OT we've had recently.  I personally would like
to see less OT postings, and less vitriol when we do see the occasional
one.  If someone posts lots of OT content, or behaves badly otherwise,
I'd like to see them contacted off list and asked to behave better.

Just my 2p.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Why are there always boycotts?          |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Shouldn't there be girlcotts too?   --  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | argon on #Linux                         |