Art Alexion on 13 Dec 2007 20:47:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] AV software for Linux

On Thursday 13 December 2007 15:32:20 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> Most of your headaches are likely to come from users doing questionable
> things, so you should make sure you back up their data vigorously

I'm thinking real root accounts instead of sudo, with no root passwords
distributed to regular users should solve this.  For years the users have
been told to save important data to a network drive.  That we are not
responsible for lost files on desktops.

> .
>
> If you're concerned about nefarious deeds, I'd recommend a HIDS (ie.
> Tripwire, AIDE), or if you use Debian, something like Debsums+Tiger.  That
> should reveal any monkey business.

Has anyone used/tried AppArmor?