Art Alexion on 19 Dec 2007 05:54:08 -0800

[PLUG] Kubuntu Gutsy and kdesu

I'm not sure this is a kdesu or just a sudo issue.

Prior versions of Kubuntu "remembered" the sudo password in a particular
konsole shell for a while, but wouldn't used it in a separate shell.
Likewise, if I launched an app using <alt+F2> kdesu appname, when I entered
the password in the ensuing input box, it was only good for that app.

I'm not sure about multiple xterms, but certainly Gutsy now remembers the root
password for subsequent kdesu apps.  This is disconcerting and dangerous.  Is
there a way to turn it off?