Matthew Rosewarne on 3 Jan 2008 16:50:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Perl Talk Video

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Rich G wrote:
> To edit the video - Kino is good for basic editing.  I use MainActor to
> a little more advanced work (costs but is worth it). Jashaka is "new"
> but I don't know anymore about it (I believe it is Java based and maybe
> cross platform).

Kino is certainly the most mature of the Free offerings, though it is *very*
limited and quite awkward.  MainActor is something of an antique and nothing
particularly special, but it can do more than any of the Free apps at the
moment.  I'd recommend trying out one of the newer apps based on libMLT, such
as KDenLive.  They may be somewhat immature, but they might be enough.