Matt Mossholder on 9 Jan 2008 05:35:44 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux Certification

Having just taken both LPI 100 and RHCE, the RHCE is easier, if you have
experience, because you can pass as long as you have an idea of how to
do something... you don't need to know specifics on everything, since
you have access to man pages, doc files, etc.

Here's an example... I got an almost perfect score on the RHCE, but on
LPI, I did much worse, because I always forget things like "what is the
3rd field of the crontab file". In the RHCE they are focused on results.
For LPI, they focus on specific items of knowledge.

I believe RHCE has the edge for exactly this reason. It is closer to
reality, and demonstrates that you can do more than take a test.

		--Matt