brent saner on 9 Jan 2008 12:07:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux Certification

SuSE you don't really come across that much in the US. i suppose if this
was germany, SuSE certs would be much more welcome (because as far as
i'm able to tell, SuSE is the number one distro in enterprise
environments in DE-land with debian being a close second i'd say, and
DE-land is a very linux-friendly place.)

the Ubuntu are too new to see widespread acceptance (and expectance)
yet, i should think. but i easily see them becoming more important than
RH certs.

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2008 10:19:57 Lee Myers wrote:
>
>> As an employer, I agree with Brent, that the
>> RHCE still has the most clout.  In general though, I think any
>> certification will show your employers at a glance that you have current
>> skills and are committed to education.
>>

> In addition to the RH and LP certs, the Suse and Ubuntu certs were mentioned
> but no one discussed them.  Lack of familiarity or are they not particularly
> useful in the US?

Brent Saner
215.264.0112(cell)
215.362.7696(residence)

http://www.thenotebookarmy.org

Bill Gates is to hacking as Sid Vicious was to the Sex Pistols: no talent, everyone hates him, and he's just in it for the fame and money.