Jeremy Kister on 10 Jan 2008 21:42:29 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast & Mail Servers

On 1/7/2008 12:52 AM, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
 > you are currently running a e-mail server on residential Comcast HS
 > they are blocking port 25 on people. So if your mail server suddenly
 > stopped working Sunday morning this is why. There is always port 465

It doesnt only effect email servers -- they're blocking all outbound
sockets on dest 25/tcp (for me anyway).  I haven't been able to make the
socket since [at least] 2008.01.06 at 7am EST.

 > asked them what's up and they told me if they detect even one piece
 > of SPAM coming from your connection they will permanently block it.

I just called and "technician #x80" told me that I was personally
filtered for sending spam, specifically for sending over 100 messages
per day.  I told her that I was smarter than to accept that, as I was
clued in by other comcast users on this list who were blanket filtered
the same day :)  She then said that I'd have to contact the "Comcast
Customer Security Assurance department" to have the filter lifted.  I
did, but they're closed, and their mailbox is full, LMAO.

It's of no consequence really.  I signed up for the 2 year triple play
JUST before Verizon enabled fios in my area.  if they want to change my
service without proof of abuse, that should get me out of the contact
and let me go over to verizon.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./