Art Alexion on 21 Jan 2008 08:02:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] One True OS

On Sunday 20 January 2008 12:57:52 Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 12:45:41PM -0500, Art Alexion said:
> > I haven't used nx, but we do a lot of remote desktop administration on
> > windows PCs with logmein and net magic, where we actually do see the
> > desktop.  Is the same thing possible with nx or vnc?
>
> I haven't used nx either, but VNC does exactly that.

OK. I just had to fix something in the kids' room at our organization.

Facilities manager: What's the login and password on the kids [edubuntu
feisty] machine?
Me: The user is edubuntu and the password is vgtelkiuy
FM: doesn't work. Tried it with both caps and lower case.
Me: I'll be there.

When I get there I try it.  No go. I toggle num lock — mind you no numbers in
the password or login.  It works.  I couldn't do that remotely, I guess.