Art Alexion on 21 Jan 2008 07:42:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] speaking of KDE4.....

On Sunday 20 January 2008 15:44:12 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> I've certainly used Nautilus and Dolphin, and I don't see them being very
> similar at all.  Again: Konqueror is still there, Dolphin is the default
> not because of some proclamation from on high, but because there were many
> users who voiced concerns over Konqueror's complexity.

Not as I read.  postings on dot.kde.org (including the link I sent) seem to be
saying that there weren't enough developers interested in the file management
side of konqueror, so they dropped it in favor of including the dolphin
kpart.

> The 4.0 is NOT ready for most users, keep that in mind.  I myself will be
> using 3.5.8 as my desktop until the 4.1 release, which will be able to
> supplant 3.5.

Understood.  I just have some concerns about the direction as opposed to the
fit & finish.