Matthew Rosewarne on 21 Jan 2008 09:43:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] speaking of KDE4.....

On Monday 21 January 2008, Art Alexion wrote:
> Not as I read.  postings on dot.kde.org (including the link I sent) seem to
> be saying that there weren't enough developers interested in the file
> management side of konqueror, so they dropped it in favor of including the
> dolphin kpart.

Comments on the dot should probably be taken with a hefty dose of salt if you
aren't sure who's an actual developer.  The file management component of
Konqueror has always been a kpart, now shared between Dolphin and Konqueror,
so any improvements apply to both applications.

> Understood.  I just have some concerns about the direction as opposed to
> the fit & finish.

Well, to see what improvements 4.0 has over 3.5, you'd need to go source
diving.  Much of the user-visible side is not complete and will likely be
quite different for 4.1.