brent saner on 21 Jan 2008 08:20:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] One True OS

Art Alexion wrote:
> When I get there I try it.  No go. I toggle num lock — mind you no numbers in
> the password or login.  It works.  I couldn't do that remotely, I guess.

well, there are probably hacky ways* to do it (check their tty device
for num lock being on or off, etc.), but it's definitely a lot faster to
be there in person and check.

*which include but are not limited to:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/numlock-key-turn-on-420427/#post2130257
http://members.cox.net/laitcg/new/numlock.html
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#How_to_turn_on_Num_Lock_on_GNOME_startup
(can be adapted to your case with a little hacking)
etc.

--
Brent Saner
215.264.0112(cell)

http://www.thenotebookarmy.org

Bill Gates is to hacking as Sid Vicious was to the Sex Pistols: no talent, everyone hates him, and he's just in it for the fame and money.