Sasha R on 21 Jan 2008 12:09:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] speaking of ati drivers...

The very few times VLC has failed to play video files for me have been due to wrong display drivers for the computer. At the time 3D acceleration was shot as well and it was spewing the bad alloc error in console.

VLC on its own has never failed me or any of the 20 people Ive persuaded to use it.
Sasha

On Jan 21, 2008 1:40 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net > wrote:
On Monday 21 January 2008 13:32:49 Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 8:34 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll try that at home this evening.
>
> How can you not love VLC!?!?!?

I'm thinking that I am not alone in the "everybody loves this, but for some
reason it doesn't work on any machine I've installed it."

I have never [deep breath] never gotten any video from any vlc installation.
Audio, yes.  Complaint, errors, weird behavior — none.  Just no video window.
I don't know.  A variation of the slogan, "It just never works [for me]."