jeff on 21 Jan 2008 13:25:32 -0800

[PLUG] the One True Work Update

Whilst dodging various projectiles, a hundred loud children and one
marching band (sans drums this year), I got to work on my dual monitor
setup.

I succeeded in doing everything but making it work.  I even found new
ways to break it of which I wasn't aware.  See - that's progress!

I noticed that network drive mounting worked as advertised, however the
Spreadsheet Follies started anew.  Check this out: I could open network
spreadsheets, save, work, then NOT save.

Checking the permissions, I noticed Gnumeric was saving to the mounted
and local drives with the interesting attributes of:  rw-------

When I tried Open Office, which I don't like, it worked like a champ.
Right up until I closed it, when it brought up a crash notice, then
brought up its word processor.

I'm not asking for any assistance - just laugh or cry along with me.

blog: ThermionicEmissions
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat

SO's guide to DID/MPD
http://www.op.net/~jeffv/so1.htm