jeff on 21 Jan 2008 17:52:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The One True OS, migrating to/accessing Exchange

Mike Leone wrote:
> Don't think you can specify which clients connect via IMAP. With
> Exhcnage (at least as far as Ex2003), IMAP support is either on or off.

I know you can specify whether external access is permitted, as well as
POP, web, and MAPI individually.

On a somewhat related note, Exchange is INCREDIBLY picky about
authentication.    One of my Evo difficulties seemed to be related to
login credentials.  As best I can figure it, name@domain worked at
first, then stopped.  I tried domain\name for login and it started
working flawlessly, not even asking me for credentials when it went to
look at the address book.

We had the same problem when connecting another domain for which we
provide email - except it wound up being domain\alias\name(!)
And that was all Windows.

blog: ThermionicEmissions
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat

SO's guide to DID/MPD