Mike Leone on 21 Jan 2008 09:50:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The One True OS, migrating to

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> On Monday 21 January 2008, Art Alexion wrote:
>> The problem here is getting a Linux desktop client that connects to an
>> existing Exchange server.  For those of us tackling this issue, replacing
>> the server with Kolab or Zimbra is not an option.
>>
>> The problem (for me at least) is not getting Outlook to connect to a
>> Linux-based mail server.
>
> I was talking about keeping Exchange, but enabling IMAP only for non-Outlook
> clients.

Don't think you can specify which clients connect via IMAP. With
Exhcnage (at least as far as Ex2003), IMAP support is either on or off.
There are probably ways, utilizing Group Policy on Windows, to disable
IMAP support in Outlook clients, perhaps.