jeff on 25 Jan 2008 21:05:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] tasklist.exe is a handy Windows CLI tool similar to ps/top

Mike Leone wrote:
> Really? I never had Norton or McAfee trigger on anything from
> SysInternals ...
> ___

Symantec corporate tried to eat them frequently.  I have to give
Symantec credit - it tried to eat a whole lot of my admin utils.

Unfortunately they've developed Windows Syndrome, in that the AV has
become fat and bloated, slowing down everything it touches.  We're
keeping it for desktops and moving elsewhere for servers.  Getting rid
of it on the desktop is going to be PAINFUL.

I have been using AVG on Win boxes lately.  Doesn't slow them down.

blog: ThermionicEmissions
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat

SO's guide to DID/MPD
http://www.op.net/~jeffv/so1.htm