Michael Leone on 25 Jan 2008 21:30:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] tasklist.exe is a handy Windows CLI tool similar to ps/top

On 1/24/08, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Mike Leone wrote:
> > Really? I never had Norton or McAfee trigger on anything from
> > SysInternals ...
> > ___
>
> Symantec corporate tried to eat them frequently.  I have to give
> Symantec credit - it tried to eat a whole lot of my admin utils.

I used to use Symantec Corporate (for like 8 years or so). Never had
it eat any SysInternals utils, or any others, for that matter.

Jeff, I'm being to think either you're jinxed, or I'm blessed. :-)

> Unfortunately they've developed Windows Syndrome, in that the AV has
> become fat and bloated, slowing down everything it touches.  We're
> keeping it for desktops and moving elsewhere for servers.  Getting rid
> of it on the desktop is going to be PAINFUL.
>
> I have been using AVG on Win boxes lately.  Doesn't slow them down.

We use McAfee these days. The Enterprise AV, not the full desktop
stuff. We do use their SpamKiller product (on Notes). Most of the
time, it Just Works - I haven't seen a single spam in 5 months. It
does get confused, and need to be restarted. Sometimes, it gets
*really* confused, and we need to restart the whole server. But hey -
that just adds spice and entertainment to the day ....