Kyle R. Burton on 30 Jan 2008 15:43:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Introduction To Lisp

> +1 for me too (since I originally asked for it :).  I've been sitting on
> the thread since a few people responded they might like to talk and I
> haven't found time to poll them.  They are <goes and looks>:
>
> You (Kyle R. Burton)
> Josh Goldstein (on Scheme)

> OK, for some reason I thought there were more than just you two.  You
> both wanna fight it out, or shall we have Kyle take it since it since he
> followed up? :-)

No fight necessary - I was planning on giving an overview of the
family and talking about some selected features of both.  There is
enough to each one (Common Lisp and Scheme) that more in depth
presentations could be done for each independently.

I already published the initial presentation slides - if the group
would prefer the Scheme talk, or prefer it first, then lets do that.
What does the group want?

I'm available (nearly) any Wednesday night - if an off cycle meeting
is desired I can do it before April - I can wrap up my work on it at
any time (be done).

> Other people, including Toby DiPasquale and John Claus (off-list) gave
> interesting and useful answers in the thread.

Kyle