jeff on 2 Feb 2008 11:41:13 -0800

[PLUG] pilot-ing

I figure I've done a few hours' homework, so now it's time to ask
someone who might know.

With my newfound 99% Windows-freedom comes the responsibility of the
Treo (Palm).  I got it communicating with Evolution at work.  Aside from
gpilotd tending to suck up 99% of the cpu, it works fine.

My new quest is to install files to the device.  Having gone through
jpilot, gpilot, and kpilot, I'm stumped.  All want to install ONLY palm
files (.prc .pdb etc).  On kpilot it gives a default mask, which I
somehow overrode, but the program told me no anyway.  Kpilotd also
crashes predictably.

It's obviously possible because it does so with the Palm desktop, as
well as a few utility progs under a different OS.  I'll try Wine (the
program or the drink, if necessary) but I don't have tremendous faith in
it surviving the port dilemma, if nothing else (/dev/ttyUSB1 currently).

I have a different OS running in a VM but I'd prefer never to see that
one again.

Thanks from my palm to yours.

-jeff

blog: ThermionicEmissions