Jonathan Bringhurst on 2 Feb 2008 13:08:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] I'm Convinced To Try Ubuntu

Hey Bill,

I just figured I'd mention that I often use the term Ubuntu to say
what linux distro I'm running. However, I usually use Xubuntu in
practice. I think most people will refer to the family of Ubuntu
products (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu, etc) as just "Ubuntu" to simplify
things since they're basically the same thing with a different
*-desktop package installed. It also helps those new to linux, since
there are quite a few people who may have heard "Ubuntu" in passing
and aren't familiar with all of the variations.

In short, you're not likely to start a war over what variation of
Ubuntu you use. Of course saying *this* might start a war however. ;)

-Jon