Bill Diehl on 2 Feb 2008 12:24:14 -0800

[PLUG] I'm Convinced To Try Ubuntu

OK, folks, you convinced me to try Ubuntu.  Now I hope this does
not spark a war over which derivative of Ubuntu is best, since
Xubuntu looks to be of most interest to me at this time.

My Athlon 1.2GHz T-Bird with 512MB RAM should handle any
derivative of Ubuntu - I just don't want unnecessary clutter and
overhead on my computer (geez, if I wanted that I would upgrade
to XP or Vista, right?).

I may be stubborn and attached to my current configuration but I
have also learned to let go when it makes sense to do so.  So, I will
abandon my favorite boot commander and allow GRUB to take
over for boot loading and abandon my Debian install (for now).

It may take awhile until time allows to repartition my hard drive and
install Xubuntu.  I do hope that it will allow me to remove what I
don't want and install what I do want (which is the main reason I
chose Debian).  But at least now I know where to go for help
if/when I really get stuck on something - right folks?

Thank you for your persistence in pointing me in a more sane
direction.  I look forward to finally using Linux, rather than struggle
with it.  In time, I will learn what I need to know and enjoy the
experience.

With Gratitude,
Bill Diehl