K.S. Bhaskar on 12 Feb 2008 13:17:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VirtualBox to QEMU/KVM

I did something like this to virtualize an old Win 98 box, and it
should work for your application as well.  Boot the VirtualBox vm with
a live CD.  Use dd to send the disk image to standard output and pipe
it into netcat.  At the other end of the netcat, put into a disk image
(.img) file.  QEMU should be able to boot it.  Once you have success,
you can use qemu-img to convert it to a QCOW format file.

-- Bhaskar