Michael Leone on 13 Feb 2008 09:52:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Finding a motherboard with a BIOS that does not block CPU virtualization

On 2/13/08, K.S. Bhaskar <bhaskar@bhaskars.com> wrote:

> depreciation - there's a certain geeky retro chic in having high end
> Linux workstations that have cases with labels like "Dual Athlon" or
> Genuine Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition).  On the practical side,
> any thief who steals one has to be totally clueless!

You don't seriously think a thief would stop to look at what the label
on the cases says, do you? :-) They'd take it, and throw it away later
(maybe), when they got back to a safe place. They'd grab anything
valuable in sight, and a computer is valuable ...