brent timothy saner on 27 Feb 2008 18:52:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] gee-whiz visualization ideas?

five minutes on youtube searching for "compiz" will generally give you
really good ideas of how neat things can look.

if you're using ubuntu gutsy, it's pretty much integrated in-branch. if
you're doing it by hand, you'll have the newer eye candy, and you'll
have more control, but it'll take a bit more of an effort.

my personal faves are 3d cube (it's really just so super-easy) and 3d
windows. wobbly/stretchy windows are also a huge plus, since you can
pull the corner of a window down to check on, say, a shell session
behind it without too much movement of the mouse (or taking your hand
off the mouse to cycle to the window, etc.)

--
Brent Saner
215.264.0112(cell)

Bill Gates is to hacking as Sid Vicious was to the Sex Pistols:
no talent, everyone hates him, and he's just in it for the fame and money.

GPG INFO:
pub   1024D/832D950A 2008-01-26
uid                  Brent Timothy Saner <brent.saner@gmail.com>
uid                  Brent Timothy Saner (ACE Technology Group,
www.acetechgroup.com) <sanerb@acetechgroup.com>
sub   4096g/1C18F61D 2008-01-26
(pgp.mit.edu)
FINGERPRINT: