Michael Bevilacqua on 28 Feb 2008 03:43:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] gee-whiz visualization ideas?

On 2/27/08, rmsolino <rmsolino@netaxs.com> wrote:
I'd like to setup a snazzy looking box to impress folks who tour our
office. (I'm thinking compiz, but I'm open to suggestions)
I don't want to cherry-pick a bunch of parts from various sources, I'd
prefer to find something integrated that can deal.

I've played with Compiz, Beryl and the xcomposite extension on an AMD Turion 64 X2 with nVidia graphics using 1GiB of RAM. I found Compiz and Beryl usable, but only the xcomposite extension within Enlightenment 16 to be the most productive of the three. Your mileage may vary.

Also, bonus points if you can suggest mpeg/animation/graphing stuff to
play with, as well

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5625

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua