Penelope Stowe on 3 Mar 2008 10:39:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] One True OS

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

>  3. Be careful with Ubuntu LTS.  Dapper is quite old.  Very little was
>  backported to it.  Hardy, now in alpha or beta, is supposed to replace it.
>  It won't be enterprise stable for a while.  Ubuntu should call it LTSS (for
>  long term security support) as upstream bug fixes are not generally
>  backported.

Greg said that they'd probably use a LTS Kubuntu. Last I'd heard (I
may be wrong/this may have changed), Hardy won't be an LTS for Kubuntu
due to the newness of KDE 4.0 and the fact that they didn't want to do
an LTS version of Hardy with anything older than 4.0.

It's another thing to keep in mind.

~Penelope