James Barrett on 8 Mar 2008 04:29:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Virtualization Presentation

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 06:31:36AM -0500, Casey Bralla wrote:
> James, excellent presentation.  Thanks for posting it, since I wasn't able to come to
> the meeting.
>

> I want to point out that there is an open-source alternative to vmWare,
> Innotek's "VirtualBox", which comes in 2 flavors.  One is open sourced, the other is a
> slightly enhanced free binary-only version.   I haven't tested it in head-to-head
> against vmWare, but I use it daily and find it very satisfactory.

Thanks.  Right, I have not had a chance to try VirtualBox, and was
pressed for time (we actually went fifteen minutes over schedule...)  A
few people that I know use it, and I have heard of it, but that is about
the extent of my experience with VirtualBox.  The presentation was meant
to be more of a primer for new users than an all-inclusive developer's
reference.

--
James Barrett