brent saner on 13 Mar 2008 09:25:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Business FiOS and routers

http://www.juniper.net/products_and_services/firewall_slash_ipsec_vpn/ssg_5_slash_ssg_20/

| Tom Diehl wrote:
|> Hi all,
|>
|> I have a small dilemma, I have been running a WRT54GL running
openwrt for a
|> couple of years. Last year I upgraded to 5x5 business FiOS. This
worked fine
|> until yesterday. Yesterday I found out that Verizon is offering
15x15 FiOS
|> for $70.00/mo less than I am currently paying for my 5x5
connection. So I
|> suddenly found that I need to upgrade. :-) The problem is that the
network
|> ports on the WRT54GL are only 10 meg and I now have 15meg FiOS and
I would like
|> to have access to the full bandwidth. So I am now in the market for
a new small
|> low power consumption machine that I can put 4 or more 10/100 Nics
in and will
|> run some Linux distro. I am currently looking at Mini-itx and
routerboard
|> solutions but I am wondering if anyone has any other recommendations?
|>
|> Regards,
|>
|> Tom

now would also be a good time to mention Untangle. i don't like it
because of the java and how system-heavy it is (and i really don't
need a GUI), but it may be perfect for you- i really like it for what
it's trying to do; i feel they do a good job. a pretty mature product.

www.untangle.com

- --
Brent Saner
215.264.0112(cell)
215.362.7696(residence)

http://www.thenotebookarmy.org

Bill Gates is to hacking as Sid Vicious was to the Sex Pistols: no
talent, everyone hates him, and he's just in it for the fame and money.

GPG INFO:
pub   1024D/832D950A 2008-01-26
uid                  Brent Timothy Saner <brent.saner@gmail.com>
uid                  Brent Timothy Saner (ACE Technology Group,
www.acetechgroup.com) <sanerb@acetechgroup.com>
sub   4096g/1C18F61D 2008-01-26
(pgp.mit.edu)
FINGERPRINT: