Chad Waters on 17 Mar 2008 10:34:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hardy Heron

 >  Art Alexion wrote:
>  | Gutsy was the smoothest *ubuntu update I've ever done, even the
>  | "tribes".  Has anyone upgraded Gutsy->Hardy?  Experiences?
>  | How has the apparent Kubuntu dual KDE 3.5.8/4 affected this for
>  | you?
>
>  i'd be interested in stories as well; i'm holding out for the upgrade
>  for later in the week when it hits beta (w00t!)

I've been running Hardy for quite some time.

I don't think kde4 installs by default.

If you want it, install the kubuntu-kde4-desktop meta package. All of
the packages and libraries are segregated from the kde 3.x versions
provided by kubuntu-desktop (Top level kubuntu meta package.

It looks ok, but I've only played with it for a few minutes at a time,
and then switched back to gnome.

I imagine they'll merge the 2 branches in Intrepid.

-Chad