william antill on 4 Apr 2008 13:36:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Suggested reading

David,
 Im not so much trying to learn from books, but while Im playing with
my desktop, which has Ubuntu, It would be nice to have a book nearby
to have as a reference, this is in conjunction with my continuing
education. I found linux through school, one of my classmates, an
older gentleman who was brought up on UNIX and got into linux showed
me that windows and DOS isnt all there is, which was all i knew at the
time.  I learned DOS by way of an old POS machine running win 3.1 and
my uncle who is a DB guy.  I learned what worked and what broke things
that way.

JP,
Thats a lot of resources to go through, thanks.  Id perhaps attend one
of these events, I have to see what the schedule is.

Thanks, all