schwepes on 6 Apr 2008 09:51:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Suggested reading

"Linux in Plain English" by Volkerding and Reichard provides a
description of each usable command with a comparison to the.
for some of us, more familiar DOS commands.
I suspect the book is out of print.  It was from MIS Press,
the Slackware Series.  The cavaet is that not all commands work
in the prescribed way with all dialects of Linux.
The same is true with "Unix in a Nutshell" which is an O'Reilly
print.
Both books sit in easy reach of my work station.
bs