Gabriel Sean Farrell on 7 Apr 2008 07:35:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Suggested reading

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 07:22:33PM -0400, Mike Chirico wrote:
> In my opinion, there are three general types of Linux users.

The categories you listed may describe some portion of Linux users, but
certainly not all of them.  I'm a web developer (mainly Python), but I
admin my own server for my web site, mailing lists, etc., and I've
installed Debian on more machines than I can remember just to see if I
could get it running in various environments.  I'm currently in the
middle of my first LFS (Linux From Scratch) install, and learning a lot.

Also, there's my father, mother, sister, and a few friends who are Linux
users (I'll take some of the credit there), but they don't want to be
sysadmins, devs, or geeks.  Nor should they need to be, as long as
there's enough of us around to help with upgrades, web sites, and the
continuing betterment of free software.