JP Vossen on 7 Apr 2008 13:03:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] great tool: x11vnc

> Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:49:45 -0400
> From: Matthew Rosewarne <mrosewarne@inoutbox.com>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] great tool: x11vnc
>
> Looks like gutsy is still using 0.8.2-2 for some reason.  I've been
> maintaining the package for Debian, which is currently version 0.9.3.  It has
> some new features like SSL, Zeroconf, UltraVNC support, and client-side
> caching, so you might want to give that a try.

Gutsy-backports and Hardy beta (as of right now) have "Version:
0.9.3.dfsg.1-1ubuntu1~gutsy1", while Gutsy regular has "Version:
0.8.2-2", as you said.

 > Also, could you forward that bug report to the bugs.debian.org?

This one, I assume?
Bug #212704, first reported 10 hours ago  by  JP Vossen
   x11vnc should create a menu item
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvncserver/+bug/212704

I'll be happy to, if you don't mind giving me a quick "best/recommended
practice" HOWTO.  :-)

Later,
JP