Louis Kratz on 8 Apr 2008 11:36:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Lightweight X suggestions

Window manager wise I've become a big fan of icewm on my low-power
machines.  Its very lightweight, and you can disable features that
would use unnecessary memory (background, fancy window decor, most of
these are off by default).  Unfortunately, it seriously lacks GUI
admin tools of any kind.  Its just the window manager, that's all.

File manager wise I've heard good things about xfe (don't confuse with
xfce!), but haven't tried it myself.