David Coulson on 9 Apr 2008 14:52:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RHCE Course Questions

mdecheser@comcast.net wrote:
> I would imagine that the RHE133 track would prove to be a more robust and portable certification to obtain from Red Hat, and while I am a fast learner, I want to ensure that I pursue a certification track that both guarantees success as well as portability/longevity for a Systems Administrator.

I'm not sure what you mean here - The RHCT is a pretty basic cert that
you can get if you fail the RHCE exam (first half of the RHCE is
actually the RHCT test). There isn't a 'track' so to speak, there is
just the two certs. There are a few classes to prep you for the cert
exams, but you end up with the same cert at the end of the day.

The RHCE is tough - I got mine back in December. Eight other people who
took the class for the week failed. Honestly, the class is worthless in
preparing you for the cert without a lot of hands on experience.