Art Alexion on 11 Apr 2008 08:36:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Lightweight X suggestions

On Friday 11 April 2008 11:02:38 am Austin Murphy wrote:
> I have been happy with Fluxbox for a long time.  It is very
> lightweight, but still very functional.  In top on my system, it is
> currently using 0.6 %MEM, less than most of my urxvt sessions.  You
> can also set the theme/style to be very simple so it compresses well
> over vnc.

I have settled on Louis' suggestion of IceWM.  I installed firefox from the
mozilla web site because aptitude wanted to install a lot of gnome
dependencies.  I then installed webmin and swat, and configured the web
interface of cups.  Now I have a lot of gui administration without installing
a bunch of apps.  I am happy.