Art Clemons on 15 Apr 2008 23:58:54 -0700

[PLUG] Class 1 Fax Modem & voice

Up until my last ISA board died, I used a Rockwell based ISA modem with
vgetty/mgetty-sendfax to accept both voice messages and faxes on the
same phone line.  I was using the same computer to do other things (800
MHz Athlon)

I'm wondering if anyone can think of a sane method of doing so with a
class 1 fax modem that also does voice besides of course running in
Windows.  Class 2 and 2.0 modems are getting scarce and even external
serial modems like Trendnet's now come equipped only for Class 1 faxing.

Sure I can still receive and send faxes with something like Efax, but
I've been spoiled by the simplicity of vgetty/mgetty.