Michael Leone on 24 Apr 2008 19:48:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] donating computers

Steve Phillips wrote:
> Quote:
> [KSB] By way of analogy, "Please don't suggest Linux" is akin to
> saying "Please do suggest losing weight" to someone who is obese.
> Linux is a solution.  The problem is how to sell it, just as what one
> needs to do for an obese person is to figure out how to lose weight.
> Also, while there may well be proprietary courseware that the school
> is wasting taxpayer money on, I am curious as to what software the
> students need for which there isn't equivalent FOSS.
>
> Regards
> -- Bhaskar
>
> Actually, considering most of the obesity in the United States is due to
> diet and lack of exercise, suggesting that someone change their life to
> a more healthful regimen might be appropriate!

You must not be overweight ... :-)

> my knowledge that is age appropriate.  What you might consider too, is
> most teachers aren't interested in wading through sourceforge looking
> for substitutes  for what they've already been assigned  by the
> district-  lord knows they have enough to do  with lesson plans and  the
> myriad other things they do "off the clock".

And you don't need any more reasons that that, really. The real world
kinda stops you in your tracks, at that point.

--
Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>