Joe Terranova on 14 May 2008 14:04:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] regex question

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Matthew Rosewarne
<mrosewarne@inoutbox.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008, John Sladek wrote:
>> I'm new to regex and I am trying to use it with mod_rewrite.  There is tons
>> of stuff out on the web but I figured someone here might be able to get
>> this answered quicker than I can find it on my own.
>
> I resisted using regexes for a while, and I still find them annoying, if
> useful.  I had a lot of success with kregexpeditor, which makes it easier to
> build regexes without knowing all the syntax beforehand.

If you want to learn and to like regular expressions, get Mastering
Regular Expressions by Jeffrey Friedl. It gives a lot of great
examples and explanation, and explains how to use regexes with a slew
of tools and programming languages (though I don't recall mod_rewrite
being one of them). It's mandatory reading.