John Sladek on 14 May 2008 14:07:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] regex question

I did not even consider subdirectories...  It sounds like the right way to
go so, I tried what you put but it did not work for me.. Of course I changed
it a little and that could be the problem . Here is my exact .htaccess file
as it is now.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /public.php?sub=$1 [L]

#RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/?$ /public.php?sub=$1 [L] #original working

It will work if I uncomment the original line and comment out the other
three. I did make a test subdirectory to see how my original solution would
deal with subdirectories and it seems to work as long as I have the / after
the directory name.  I'm pretty sure the .htaccess file only works on the
requests that are in the same directory as it is in.  It did not seem to
break anything but it's a site from scratch so there is not much there.

Thanks,
John