Doug Crompton on 16 May 2008 08:43:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Apache2 zip support

My mistake, I was accidentally looking at two systems. Both http php info
and php -v report the 5.2.0 version.

I would download and compile a new version but m concern is breaking
something. Is there a way to determine how my current version of php was
compiled? With what switches?

The original error was in wordpress. I was trying to use an auto upgrade
plug-in and when I tried to enable the module it did a check which gave
back an error that zip support was not enabled and to contact my server.

That is all is said, zip support. I thought there might be some wordpress
users on this list.

Doug

On Fri, 16 May 2008, sean finney wrote:

> hiya,
>
> On Thursday 15 May 2008 08:59:40 am Doug Crompton wrote:
> >  The command line PHP is
> >
> > doug@bridget:~> php -v
> > PHP 5.1.4 (cgi) (built: Jun 23 2006 23:36:48)
> > Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
> > Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
> >
> > and the PHP version reported with phpinfo from my apache server is 5.2.0
>
> that's wierd.  i can't imagine suse would ship two seperate versions of php in
> the same release.  it hard enough to support even one version of php in a
> release.  i would check that all of your packages are up to date.  it's quite
> possible that the cli php is provided by a seperate package, php-cli or
> php5-cli or similar.
>
> > Are these two different entities? How do I upgrade or add/enable ZLIB in
> > the server PHP?
>
> i'm not sure whether you want zip support or zlib support, since you've
> mentioned both, but for both the answer is that i believe they are both
> comple-time options:
>
> --enable-zip
> --with-zlib
> --with-zlib-dir=/usr
>
> are the relevant ./configure options from the debian package anyway, and a
> build dependency on the zlib dev package.
>
> as i've said before,  it's possible that it's also provided as an extension
> via a seperate package (or pecl, if you want to try and shortcut needing to
> rebuild the entire php tree).
>

> 	sean

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *