Jason on 25 May 2008 15:51:49 -0700

[PLUG] FS: Small, but powerful XPC workstation

Ok, it's not an 8-core Xeon with 32GB of RAM, but it runs quite fast
enough with cycles to spare..

This system is built from a Shuttle XPC SP95Pv2 barebone.
Translation?  Small and packet with goodness.

What's inside?

P4 2.93 Ghz
2GB DDR2 533 Mhz FSB
2 x SATA HDD (1x160GB, 1x250GB)
20x DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW/+R DL CD-R/RW recorder
Video is an x16 PCIe Nvidia 8500GT with 512MB onboard (works great
with Compiz Fusion)
Onboard 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Onboard 7.1 HD Audio
eSATA port
6 USB ports (4 rear, 2 front)
2 Firewire ports (1 rear, 1 front)
1 DB9 serial port
PS2 Keyboard & Mouse ports
1 PCIe x1 expansion slot open
Front-mounted memory card reader

Runs great.  It's currently got Ubuntu Hardy loaded on it.  I'll
gladly load up your choice of Ubuntu Hardy, FC 9, CentOS 5.1, OpenSuSE
10.3, or leave it to you to have all the fun.  I've got the Desktop
Hardy version installed, and Compiz works great, using the stock
nvidia-glx-new drivers that came in the box with Hardy.

I was using this machine headless as a server.  My only reason for
decommissioning it was the fact that I needed to do lots more
virtualization, and thus needed > 4GB RAM, so I built a new Core 2
Quad XPC with 8GB RAM, running Ubuntu Hardy Server in the amd64
flavor.

I'd like to get $400, but I'll entertain any reasonable offers.  If
you'd like a 2nd Ethernet port, I've got an Intel x1 PCIe 10/100/1000
card that I can drop in there for another $40.

Please, respond directly, off-list. :)

--jason