jeff on 11 Jun 2008 19:00:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [almost OT] a week of Mondays

JP Vossen wrote:
> And they will get this email when all the servers--presumably including
> the mail server--are down how again?

You have a keen eye, Mr Smartass.... errr.... Mr Vossen :)

I failed to mention that the email server was left up on purpose.
Mind you, when the rest of the servers were brought back up, the email
server failed.

My boss made a joke about me replacing Exchange with something that runs
on linux.

Of course after today's travails (i'm about to document them for the
blog), my boss is ready to have a unix box wheeled in to run certain
very expensive software that is giving us migraines running on FOUR
Windows servers.

Unix, linux, whatever....

-=-=-
... Jeff for President - Skull and Bones wouldn't *have* him!