Brian Vagnoni on 11 Jun 2008 19:19:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [almost OT] a week of Mondays

Not trying to minimize your rant but don't they like have a Home Depot or a Lowes where you are at? Portable air conditioner(wheels and everything), you can usually get them up to 12500 btus. While not commercial HVAC; for a mere $400/each, in an emergency, 1 or 2 mite be well worth the money considering it sounds like you have a Tier 1 or 2 data center there you are trying to protect. We have one doing full time 100% duty cycle in the summer in our server room.

Consider it like a water pipe heater, though not a huge heater it does manage to keep the pipes from freezing in the winter. All you need to do in an emergency is keep it from becoming catastrophic not necessarily fix it at that moment.