Antony P Joseph on 20 Jun 2008 12:29:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Router Suggestion + Home proxy server setup

Tharun Kumar Allu wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to setup squid proxy at home. I have 4 machines 1 linux box 3 windows connected to a D-Link router (Wired and Wireless) which connects to a DSL Modem. Currently all the machines share Internet directly from the router.
With the current hardware can I configure the following scenario.

Network of 4 machines connected to each other but not all to the internet.
Only 1 of the 4 machine is connected to the internet
The 3 other machines use the 4th machine as a proxy server.

All machine have 1 network card each.

Is it possible with any router to just block internet access to few machines or only allow from one machine?

Thanks
Tharun

Hi

  Since the mail said Home, I am assuming you are trying to protect your kid. If that is the case, there is
a Firefox extension "http://www.glubble.com/". As long as your child does not know how to disable an extension through file deletion or file modification, you do not need squid proxy etc

With regards
Antony