Dan Widyono on 25 Jun 2008 07:50:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux-compatible personal audio players?

FWIW, yesterday we tried loading MP3's to the pink Sansa.  Worked beautifully
under Scientific Linux 5, looks like a drive when you plug it in (autodetect
and automount under KDE via hal).  You just put MP3's (cp, drag and drop,
etc.) into any arrangement of subfolders under the MUSIC top-level directory.
When you disconnect the Sansa from USB (which doubles as the battery charging
port), it automatically updates its index files.  Playback was fine.  Shuffle
feature.  Remembers the song you were playing last when you turned it off.

Dan W.